Friday, June 11, 2010

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque and Souls in Purgatory

"While I was making the prayer you know I make on the night between Thursday and Friday, I was shown a holy soul from Purgatory for whom I had been favored with these sufferings.

"Our Mother gave me to the souls in Purgatory Holy Thursday night, allowing me to spend it before the Blessed Sacrament. Part of that time I was as though surrounded by these poor suffering souls with whom I have contracted a close friendship. Our Lord told me that He was giving me to them this year so that I might do for them all the good I could. They are often with me. I call them simply my suffering friends.

"There is one of them especially that causes me much suffering, although I cannot bring her as much relief as I would wish. I am not allowed to give her name but I do ask you to help her. She will not be ungrateful.

"You knew her at least by name but I do ask you to help her by performing for her nine acts each day from now to the feast of the Ascension, four of charity and five of humility. Offer the four acts of charity in honor of the ardent charity of theSacred Heart of Jesus and the five acts of humility in reparation for the humiliations He suffered in His Passion. How grateful I shall be to you if you get some other members of your community to help her in this same way.

~ St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, from The Letters of St. Margaret Mary Alacoque ~
~ Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus: Love and Reparation ~

2 comments:

Mary A. Montes said...

Thank you for this. I have a book on "The Daily pilgrimage to purgatory". This may very well be something I need to add to my daily devotions. God Bless! May we have courage to spread devotions to His Most Sacred Heart & Immaculate Heart of Mary.

one grateful heart said...

Thank you and God bless you for your comment! It lead me to re-read what I had posted in 2010--a good reminder and inspiration to me of another way to help relieve the suffering souls in purgatory.