Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Two Morning Offering Prayers

1. O my God,I offer Thee all my prayers, works, and sufferings in union with the Sacred Heart of Jesus, for the intentions for which He pleads and offers Himself in the holy Sacrifice of the Mass, in thanksgiving for Thy favors, in reparation for my offenses, and in humble supplication for my temporal and eternal welfare, for the wants of our holy Mother the Church, for the conversion of sinners, and for the relief of the poor souls in purgatory. I have the intention to gain all the indulgences attached to the prayers I shall say, and to the good works I shall perform this day.
(Some versions of the prayer add: I resolve to gain all of the indulgences I can in favor of the souls in purgatory.)

2. O my God, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus from all the altars throughout the world, joining with It the offering of my every thought, word, and action of this day. I desire to gain every indulgence and merit I can, offering them, together with myself, to Mary Immaculate, whom Thou hast appointed the dispenser of the merits of Thy Precious Blood, especially by means of this Scapular [Here kiss your Brown Scapular] that she may best apply them to the interests of Thy Most Sacred Heart. Amen.

No comments: